All New Agro Touirsm At Wildtrack Safaris Eco Lodge
Wildtrack Safaris Eco Lodge is situated near the farming village of Pandamatenga – which is the food-basket of Botswana. Covering an area of +- 60 000 hectares, it supplies 75% of the country’s grain needs and as such, much interest has been generated in how it all takes place.
Wildtrack Safaris Eco Lodge is now offering interested guests the opportunity to experience farming in a unique environment, through its new ‘farm tours’. This activity, while still in its infancy, has proven quite popular – and includes:
- A trip to northern farms with a stop for an introduction to farming in Botswana.
- Traversing the farms, stopping en-route to discuss various farming techniques and crops produced
- A Coffee stop at one of the home-steads, with introduction and information provided by the farming community representatives
- Heading through to the southern farms via the local airstrip, discussing crop spraying techniques while observing the aircraft
- Heading back to the lodge for lunch, or
- Depending on the size of the group and interest in agriculture, lunch can be served at a remote picnic spot in the shade of a 2000-year-old baobab, before continuing to various other farms, ending with a cheese & wine sundowner at a remote pan.
Contact Wildtrack Safaris Eco Lodge for more information on this exciting new offer.